What could be better than a guided bike ride in Central Park, the first landscaped public park in the USA? Your guide, a city-licensed professional, rides alongside you and shows you all that the park has to offer: Bethesda Fountain, hidden waterfalls, cast-iron bridges, movie scenes, celebrity homes, skyscrapers… all while passing beneath many of the park’s 26,000 trees. You’ll learn the history of New York City, told in terms of the development of the city and its parks. You’ll bike right up to Strawberry Fields, the memorial to the life of John Lennon, and see the famous building where he lived.
How is our bike tour?
Central Park is a national park in the heart of New York City. A perfect combination of historical architecture and nature, truly one of the wonders of the world, right in the middle of New York City's skyscrapers.
When you decide to see Central Park with your family or your friends and for those who enjoy a little leg stretching, this guided bike tour meets your needs. Our experienced, knowledgeable tour guides will share their interesting insight about historical attractions, celebrity homes, and movie locations, in accordance with your wishes. Their job is to keep you entertained!
This fun tour takes about 2 hours, including many stops near essential attractions of Central park, allowing you to avoid getting lost or roaming aimlessly.
• Turn around Cherry Hill fountain as gorgeous west side buildings swallow you up.
• Strawberry Fields and the Imagine Mosaic, tributes to John Lennon's memorial.
• Be amazed by the skylines across the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir.
• See the beautiful Great Lawn's landscape from atop of Belvedere Castle.
• Smell the glamorous flowers of the Shakespeare Garden.
• Take a look at Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux's masterpiece Bethesda Terrace, considered by many to be the heart of Central Park.
• Appreciate the Alice in Wonderland statue that overlooks the conservatory water.
• Souvenirs in Tavern on the Green gift shop are always appreciated back home!
When you take this tour, we will provide all the necessary the equipment like the bike, a map, helmet, and basket. Please remember to bring your cameras; you won't want to miss taking pictures of must-see places within this beautiful park!
Why Choose Central Park Sightseeing?
• All Central Park Sightseeing team members are professionally licensed New York City guides who will give you great service
• You will be well-informed about the park's history, movie locations, and celebrity homes around the park
• Unbeatable group discount -- come with more people and we will adjust the rate
• Central Park Sightseeing has the largest fleet of tour guides in New York
• Our worldwide reputation allows the company to host groups of any size speaking a wide range of languages
• Group size maximum 20 people
• Many designated stops, all at must-see places
• This tour is designed for people of all ages -- if you can ride a bike, you're welcome
• You will bike in Central Park nearly two hours
• The bike and equipment are included in the price
• You will bike just under 7 miles
Central Park Sightseeing has been working tirelessly since 2008 to provide its customers high quality tours. People remember their visits to Central Park as an unforgettable experience. Our company has believed that customer satisfaction is the key to success since the very first day it opened it's doors to the public.
For any custom tours please send an email or give us a call.
Operates: 365 days
Departure point: Tour departs from 56 W 56th St New York, NY 10019
Duration: 2 hours approximately
Starts: May 1st - September 30th: Tour times are; 9am, 11am, 1:30pm and 4pm.
From October 1st - April 30th: Tour times are 9am, 11am, and 1:30pm.
Ends: Tours last 2 hours and return to the departure point.
Summer/Fall: In warm weather, dress light, wear sunblock & bring comfortable shoes.
Winter/Spring: In cool weather, wear layered clothing to ensure comfort.No rider under the age of 18 will be permitted to take a bike out without an adult over the age of 18 present.
Please bring a valid government issued ID or credit card.