When booking for either the Daytime Shift between 10 am and 4 pm, or the Evening Shift between 6:30 and 11:00 pm, you may choose anytime within the time-frame selected to take your Horse and Carriage Ride. You are not required to select a specific time slot for your ride. The ticket you receive may include 10:00 as a start time for the Daytime Shift (or 6:30 as the start time for the Evening Shift), but you are not required to arrive at this exact time.
- One Ticket is provided per carriage, seating up to four adults. Each guest does not need an individual ticket for the ride. If you have one, two, three, or four adults seated in a carriage, you are only required to have one ticket to board with Central Park Sightseeing.
- The carriages depart from Central Park South and are reservation only.
- Once you have made a booking with us, just present your ticket to the next available driver with the Central Park Sightseeing Logo on the Carriage, they will check you in and take you on your ride.
- Each carriage seats up to four adults, or two adults, and three children under 12.
- Please note that once a ticket is issued, there are no refunds on the carriage rides. However, we’d be happy to rebook it for you to another day or time if you are unable to go on the specific day or your plans change.
Central Park Horse And Carriage Tours
- 15-20 Minute Short Ride: $54.08 per carriage
- 45-50 Minute Long Ride: $118.97 per carriage
- When booking for either the Daytime Shift between 10 am and 4 pm, or the Evening Shift between 6:30 and 11:00 pm, you may choose anytime within the time-frame selected to take your Horse and Carriage Ride. You are not required to select a specific time slot for your ride. The ticket you receive may include 10:00 as a start time for the Daytime Shift (or 6:30 as the start time for the Evening Shift), but you are not required to arrive at this exact time.
- Daytime Shift: 10:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Shift Change: 4:00 pm until 6:30 pm less carriages available
- Evening Shift: 6:30 pm until 11:00 pm
- Intersection of 59th Street and 6th Avenue Only the carriages with Central Park Sightseeing logo
- Central Park South at Center Drive
- Across from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel
Where do we go to pickup our carriage?
The carriages depart from the intersection of 59th Street and 6th Avenue, along the cobblestones on Central Park South. This is directly across the street from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
Can we just walk up to any carriage?
No, we are entirely reservation based. You must make a reservation prior to your arrival, even if that is the same day. You may do so here on our website, or by coming into our store location just below the park at 56 W 56th Street.
Can I take my ride anytime?
You make take your ride anytime between the hours of 10 am and 11 pm. Please note that there are fewer carriages between 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm due to the shift change when the carriage go back to the stables to change their horse.
How many people can fit in one carriage?
Each carriage seats up to four adults or three adults and two kids under 12.
Do you have any carriages that seat five people?
None of the carriages seat more than four adults.
I have four adults and a baby, can the baby sit on my lap?
No, for any groups with more than four adults, you wil need two carriages.
Is that the pricing per carriage or per person?
The pricing listed is per carriage seating up to four adults.
Can I stop along the way to take pictures?
Once you board the carriages they do not stop until the ride is finished at 59th Street.
Can I be dropped off at the Boathouse?
No, the carriages are not regulated to go up as far as the Boathouse in Central Park.
Departure Location: 59st and 6th ave
Operating Hours 10am-11pm daily
Departure Location: 59st and 6th ave. Show your voucher to the carriages who have “Central Park Sightseeing” sign.
Please NOTE from 5PM-630PM, There are fewer carriages than normal due to the driver shift change. For any questions or assistance call our store number 212-975-0785 from 9AM-7PM daily.
More to explore
Central Park Horse&Carriage Proposal
Day-of coordination of your proposal
Horse drawn carriage ride throughout Central Park with extended time for your proposal
Specific time and pick up location arrangementsVariableBook Now
Central Park Date: Carriage+ Tavern on the Green
Please NOTE from 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm, there are fewer carriages than normal due to the driver
shift change. For any questions or assistance call our store number 212-975-0785 from 9:00 am
- 7:00 pm daily.VariableBook Now