- Each of our guided walking tours are approximately two hours with the tour guide.
- We always keep the groups small so you get the most out of your guided experience with our NYC licensed tour guides.
- We highly recommend that you make a reservation in advance if possible in order to guarantee that have secured a spot on the designated tour.
- We recommend that all guests arrive approximately 15-20 minutes prior to the tour departure time in order to get checked-in before departing promptly at the designated tour time with the group.
Central Park Walking Tours
- 2 Hour Guided Walking Tour – $24 per person
- New York Pass Holders and Explorer Pass / Go City Card Holders can make a reservation for a walking tour here.
- Select the number of passholders in your party, and input your pass numbers in order to make the reservation.
- It does require you to input your credit card number in order to complete the reservation and hold your spot for the service.
- As long as you show up on time for the scheduled service and your passes are scanned in store prior to your departure, you will not be charged for the service.
- Please be sure to bring your passes with you to the store.
- 9:00 am (English)
- 12:00 pm (English)
- 4:00 pm (English)
- Central Park Sightseeing Store Location
- 56 W 56th Street, Between 5th and 6th Avenues
How long is my tour?
Each guided walking tour is approximately 2 hours.
Is there a guide to lead me around?
Yes, a NYC licensed tour guide leads the group on the tour.
How many people in the group?
The tours are always a small size in order to best accommodate the needs of the group.
Where do I start from?
The Central Park Guided Tours all depart from our store location at 56 W 56th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Where does the tour end?
The Central Park Walking Tours end on the West side near Columbus Circle and Strawberry Fields, depending on the pace of the group.
Departure Location: 56 W 56th Street, New York, NY 10019
A fine bottle of Ausone Bordeaux, a sumptuous dinner at Le Bernardin’s – some things were meant to be enjoyed at a leisurely pace to truly be appreciated. Central Park, in the heart of Manhattan, is one such experience. Unfortunately, at 1.3 square miles, finding that special place in Central Park can prove daunting to both locals and out of town visitors to NYC.
Fortunately, our experienced walking tour guides at Central Park Sightseeing stand ready to assist you. Handling groups of up to 25 people, our walking tours operate year-round, 365 days a year. Our large, experienced, licensed staff can offer tours in a wide range of languages as well, so feel free to contact us to discuss any particular needs your tour group may have.
Our tours, leaving at 9 A.M. daily, start from 56 W 56th street for a two hour excursion through the rich foliage, exquisite gardens and cultural history of Central Park. With plenty of rest stops, where our guides will inform you of the many interesting details and anecdotes of Central Park, the tour itself is rated as an easy stroll, with no significant hills to climb.
Come stroll and fall in love with this iconic NYC landmark, exploring the many bridges, fountains and statues that grace the park. For movie enthusiasts, Central Park is the most filmed place in the world – over 300 films have scenes within the park’s green expanses, from Romeo and Juliet in 1908 to the Avengers in 2011. Just a few of the cinematic highlights you’ll encounter on your walking tour include:
- The Conservatory – Stewart Little
- The Dairy – Independence Day
- Dakota Building – Rosemary’s Baby
- Tavern on the Green – Wall Street and Ghostbusters
- Wollman Rink – Love Story and Serendipity
- The Pond – Home Alone II
- The Bow Bridge – Autumn in New York and Little Manhattan
- The Mall – Big Daddy and Vanilla Sky
- Bethesda Fountain – Enchanted and Gossip Girl
- The Boathouse Café – Sex and the City and Harry Met Sally
- The Bandshell – Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Kramer vs. Kramer
So we invite you to come on foot and share the magic of Central Park with one of our seasoned walking tour guides. We look forward to showing you this marvel of beauty in the center of New York City. If you wish to discuss custom tours, please feel free to email or call us and we’ll be happy to arrange a special outing for you. Let us show you what makes Central Park Sightseeing the premier service of choice for exploring Central park and all it has to offer.
More to explore
Central Park Walking Tours
A fine bottle of Ausone Bordeaux, a sumptuous dinner at Le Bernardin’s – some things were meant to be enjoyed at a leisurely pace to truly be appreciated.9amBook Now
Private Central Park Walking Tours
Take a private tour of Central Park with your family, friends, or any group!2 HoursBook Now