- The rides are always in small groups on the Bridle Path.
- The One Hour Ride follows the Bridle Path up to the Jackie Onassis Reservoir and back, allowing you to see much of the West side of the Park.
- While the two-hour ride follows the same route, also traveling around the whole reservoir, allowing a scenic experience on both the East and West sides before returning to the start point.
- The guide remains with the group for the duration of the experience.
- Riders must be a minimum of 10 years old and have the waiver signed by an adult age 18 or older prior to the ride.
Horseback Riding In Central Park
- 1 Hour Ride: $149.00 per person
- 2 Hour Ride: $249.00 per person
- Inside Central Park West at W 67th Street next to Tavern on the Green restaurant
- Intersection of Warner LeRoy Place and West Drive
Can I ride on my own without a guide?
No, the guide stays with the group for the duration of the ride.
Do the horses trot?
No, for the safety of other pedestrians visiting the park, the horses cannot trot on the Bridle Path. This is a more leisurely experience and the horses walk during the ride.
I’ve never been on a horse before, can I ride?
Yes, you can certainly go horseback riding with us! The horses are quite gentle and the guide stays with you the whole time, leading you along the pathway.
Are helmets provided?
Yes, helmets are provided for each rider.
Can I choose what kind of tack?
If you have a preference, we do have English and Western tack available. Please let us know at least a day in advance of your reservation in order to accomodate this for you.
How old do you have to be to ride?
All riders must be 10 years or older to ride. Any minors riding must have a waiver signed by a parent prior to riding.
Is there a weight limit?
All riders must weigh less than 250 pounds in order to ride.
Looking for a unique, adventurous way to take in the sights of the stunning Central Park? Why not try Horseback riding? Trot down the bridle trail with your equine companion, and take in the beautiful nature, historical monuments, and famous sights that define Central Park. With 1 hour and 2 hour rides available, you’re sure to become an expert on both the grandeur of Central Park and Horseback riding all in one day!
NOTE: All riders must be at least 10 years of age
All riders must weigh under 250lbs.
More to explore
Central Park Horse And Carriage Tours
Each Carriage can take up to 4 adults or 3 adults and 2 kids under 12 years old.VariableBook Now
Central Park Date: Carriage+ Tavern on the Green
Please NOTE from 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm, there are fewer carriages than normal due to the driver
shift change. For any questions or assistance call our store number 212-975-0785 from 9:00 am
- 7:00 pm daily.VariableBook Now