- The ride will start on the Bridle Path and follow along that route for a duration of 10 minutes, and end back at Tavern on the Green.
- Riders must be a minimum of 2 years old, and under 48 inches tall in order to mount the pony
- The guide remains with the child for the duration of the experience.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet and have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian prior to mounting the pony.
Pony Rides in Central Park
- 10 Minute Ride: $20 per child
- Inside Central Park West at W 67th Street next to Tavern on the Green restaurant
- Intersection of Warner LeRoy Place and West Drive
How old do I have to be to ride the pony?
There is a minimum age requirement of 2 years to be able to ride on the pony. All riders must be under 48 inches tall.
Is there a weight limit to ride?
There is a maximum weight limit of 125 lbs to ride the ponies. If you are over this weight limit, you may be eligible to go Horseback Riding with us instead.
Is there a waiver form that needs to be signed?
Yes, you will receive a link to the electronic waiver form at the time of booking and you may fill it out prior to the ride, or you may sign the waiver form for the child onsite when you arrive. Please note all riders must have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian prior to getting on the pony.
Are helmets provided?
Yes, helmets are provided and mandatory for each rider.
Can I walk up to Central Park and book a ride?
All rides are reservation based, but if you are visiting Central Park and would like to join us for a ride, you may call us at 212.975.0785 to book!
Can I walk alongside my child and take photos during the ride?
Yes, you may certainly walk alongside the rider and take photos.
Are there guides with the ponies?
Yes, there is always a guide onsite with the ponies to be sure everything goes smoothly. They will assist in having the child mount the horse, and be sure they are steady.
Can I walk the pony for my child?
No, only the guides are permitted to hold the lead rope for the ponies, but you are welcome to walk next to the child during the ride.
I have a larger group of kids, how many rides can I book at once? Can they all ride together?
We welcome you to contact our groups department regarding your inquiry and one of our team members will get back to you on your request shortly.
Can I extend my ride time or book two 10 minute intervals for a 20 minute ride?
Yes you can
Departure Location: Tavern On the Green, Central Park West, New York, NY, United States
More to explore
Horseback Riding In Central Park
All riders must be at least 10 years of age1 HourBook Now